Whether you’re the one tying the knot soon or you’re the maid of honor tasked with planning the ultimate celebration for your bestie, consider throwing the bachelorette party that all the girls will be talking about for years to come. Forget the boring dinner and cliché party games. Why not plan a weekend of winery tours in Texas that will have you eating and drinking in style?
With 290 Wine Shuttle behind you, you’ll hit all the best wineries in the area as well as get access to delicious dining options, comfy hotels and B&Bs, and incredible shops to pick up that perfect souvenir. Hop on and off convenient shuttles and try as many wineries as you want for as long as you want. Or, book a private tour so it’s just you and your friends.
Before booking your bachelorette party in Texas, keep reading for more tips.
Wineries You’ll Hit
On your shuttle tour of Texas wine country, you’ll visit 20 of the area’s best wineries and distilleries. Some highlights include:
- Six Shooter Cellars: There is where you can sample one of the most extensive selections of sweet wines on 290. Try a frozen Wine-A-Rita or sample one of their famous Jalapeno Shooters. From summer splash watermelon to tropical snowstorm, you and the ladies can sample all the best local wines and meads.
- Texas Heritage Vineyard: This place was voted “Best Tasting Room” 2020, 2021, 2022, and “Best Winery” 2021, 2022, so if you want an award-winning experience, don’t miss a pit stop here. They make all their own wines with 100 percent Texas grapes, winning 59 medals for wines over the last two years. Take in the beautiful hill country view off the spacious back decks as you toast your girlfriend to a lifetime of happiness.
- Safari Winery: You’ll feel like you’re on a safari here, as you sip on delicious, unique wines from South Africa and Chile. This is a six-generation, family owned winery that sells anything from Chardonnay from Curico Valley, Chile, to Kahawa from South Africa.
- Longhorn Cellars: Here, you’ll come across an immense wine selection, with the specialty being dry white, rosé, and bold red wines. You and your group of girls can set up shop in the spacious tasting room that looks like a cozy barn, offset by a Texas-sized bar and cowhide chairs overlooking amazing views of the vineyard and livestock, which includes Longhorns, donkeys, and horses.
- Barons Creek Vineyards: Reservations are required for six people or more, so if you have a big group of gals, be sure to call ahead. Enjoy world-class wines from a modern tasting room and courtyard, with plenty of lounging areas and exceptional vineyard views.
- Fat Ass Ranch & Winery: This laid-back establishment is a fun detour that features award-winning wines and custom brews, so you’ll be sure to please the beer lover in the group.
- Fiesta Winery: Treat yourselves to delicious dark chocolate, liquor-filled, sugar-coated chocolates made with their very own Sweet Dreams wine. This casual, no-pressure winery has something for every taste.
Don’t worry, there are plenty more vineyards you’ll visit along 290 for your bachelorette party. Now it’s time to book some lodging.
Where to Stay For Even More Fun With the Girls
No bachelorette party weekend would be complete without a sleepover! Aside from the many Airbnbs in the area, there are many lodging options that would be happy to accommodate your group as well, such as:
From national hotel chains and locally-owned motels to small inns, guesthouses, and bed and breakfasts, Fredericksburg has something for everyone – even a group of ladies on a boisterous bachelorette party. The lodging options are endless, whether you want someplace big with an indoor pool or a quiet bed and breakfast as a respite before heading out on some more wine tours.
Time to Shop
What would a girls’ weekend be without a little shopping? There are more than 150 locally-owned stores, art galleries, and boutiques throughout Fredericksburg. From the latest in women’s fashion and handmade jewelry to antiques and artwork, explore the shopping opportunities offered by this tight-knit community before heading home.
Book Your Bachelorette Party With 290 Wine Shuttle Today!
Based in Fredericksburg, Texas, 290 Wine Shuttle has spacious shuttle buses that can accommodate groups of all sizes, including bachelorette parties. So if you’re looking for something a bit more unique than a dinner out or a party at someone’s house, book your wine tour of Texas Hill Country wineries with 290 Wine Shuttle today. Our family-owned shuttle service visits 20 wineries and distilleries on Highway 290 in Fredericksburg, Texas through our main route and another 8 wineries on our new Johnson City route. With convenient hop-on hop-off service every 15 minutes, you can’t go wrong when you ride with us.
Are you ready to have the time of your life with your besties? Reserve your seats on the 290 Wine Shuttle today for the most fun, convenient, and affordable way to tour the Texas Wine Trail. Book now and get an all-day pass for just $39.99! Best of all – for parties of 6 or more, the bride rides free!